School Board Trustee Elections
On October 21, 2013, as part of the municipal elections, Albertans will also be voting for their school board trustees. The following document contains important information regarding election procedures, forms and regulations for school districts/authorities. The entire procedure handbook is available online and all forms are in electronic format to allow you to access only the ones you need.
This document contains the instructions and forms that are available for download in a single file. If you want to choose portions of the handbook or specific forms please see the section below.
Get only the sections you want
The following files are sections of the handbook, forms and regulations. They are available individually to allow you to download only those items that you require if you don't need the entire handbook.
Look here for a copy of the Local Authorities Election Act or the School Act.
Prescribed Forms for School Boards
- Oath of Returning Officer (Form 1)
- Statement of Deputy, Enumerator and Constable (Form 1A)
- Notice of Nomination Day (Form 2)
- Nomination Paper and Candidate's Acceptance (Form 3)
- Notice of Election with List of Electors (Form 4)
- Notice of Election and Requirements for Voter Identification (Form 4A)
- Notice Of Vote On A Bylaw Or Question (Form 5)
- Ballot (Form 6)
- Instructions For Electors (Form 7)
- Enumerator, Candidate or Offical Agent Proof of Identification For Section 52 Access (Form 7A)
- Campaign Worker Proof of Identification (Form 7B)
- Voting Register (Form 8)
- Presiding Deputy's Certification and Statement on Completion of Ballot Count (Form 9)
- Statement of Scrutineer or Official Agent (Form 10)
- Statement of Interpreter,Incapacitated Elector, Friend of Incapacitated Elector (Form 11)
- Note of Objection To A Ballot (Form 12)
- Ballot Account and Result of Vote (Form 13)
- Disclaimer Before A Complaint (Form 14)
- Disclaimer After Application (Form 15)
- Request for Special Ballot Package (Form 16)
- Special Ballot Package (Form 17)
- Special Ballot Voting Instructions (Form 18)
- Special Ballot Certificate Envelope (Form 19)
- Declaration of Valid or Rejected Special Ballot Certificates (Form 20)
Prescribed Forms for Francophone Regional authorities
- Francophone forms to be available mid-June.