StabilityConditions for Educational Success
StabilityFrench immersion programs operate most effectively when they are stable from year to year. This requires a commitment on the part of the school board and central administration to long-range plans that include:
- optimal use of all available funding;
- established entry points and continuation of the program through all grades;
- competent staff with minimal turnover from year to year;
- sites that provide optimal access for potential clientele and adequate space to allow for the addition of grade levels and growth in enrolment;
- effective communication with parents to ensure adequate and stable enrolments; and
- effective communication with the community-at-large to ensure recruitment of new students.