Career and Technology Studies (CTS)
Career and Technology Studies (CTS) is a complementary program designed for Alberta's secondary school students. As a program of choice, CTS offers all students important learning opportunities to:
- develop skills that can be applied in their daily lives, now and in the future
- refine career-planning skills
- develop technology-related skills
- enhance employability skills
- apply and reinforce learnings developed in other subject areas
- prepare for transition into adult roles in the family, community, workplace and/or further education.
The course structure of CTS enables schools to design unique programs that meet the needs of students and take advantage of community resources. Developed across levels rather than grades, CTS has multiple entry points and provides secondary students with access to a common curriculum. As a competency-based curriculum, CTS recognizes prior learning from formal schooling and personal initiatives.