Note: All links in the articles of this edition of Connection: Information for Teachers were active and accurate at the time of publication. This may no longer be the case.
Welcome to Connection, Alberta Education's online newsletter for teachers.
In this edition ...
- Curriculum and Resources: Action on Curriculum—Curriculum Standards and Process Redesign Project, subject-area curriculum and resource updates, and professional development opportunities.
- Early Learning: Three-day learning series for early childhood professionals.
- Provincial Testing: Marking achievement tests and diploma examinations, national and international studies of achievement, professional development opportunities.
- Special Education: Students with Vision Loss Initiative update.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Updates: Professional development opportunities.
- Technology Integration: LearnAlberta.ca update.
- Career Initiatives: Alberta Youth Consumer Champions Update; ApplyAlberta offers additional choices to students; get scholarship savvy with ALIS; why study biology, or chemistry, English or math?
- Learning Resources Centre (LRC): Early Order Discount Program 2011.
- Other News: Funding announcement—Mental Health Capacity Building for Children, Youth and Families in Schools Initiative; learning coaches; official languages in education programs; professional development opportunities—high school completion; Regional Educational Consulting Services (RECS); Setting the Direction (Action on Inclusion) update; Success in School for Children and Youth in Care—Provincial Protocol Framework (PPF).
Next edition: May 2011
Send comments, questions and technical concerns to the Connection Team.