Note: All links in the articles of this edition of Connection: Information for Teachers were active and accurate at the time of publication. This may no longer be the case.
Welcome to Connection, Alberta Education's online newsletter for teachers.
In this edition ...
- Curriculum and Resources: Subject-area curriculum and resource updates and professional development opportunities.
- Provincial Testing: Changes to achievement tests, clearing graphing calculators for mathematics and science diploma examinations, writing mathematics diploma examinations using calculators (2012–2013).
- Special Education: Summer institute for classroom teachers—providing an improved educational experience for students with visual impairments.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Updates: Professional development opportunities.
- Technology Integration: LearnAlberta.ca update.
- Career Initiatives: Alberta Consumer Champion Awards Youth Poster Competition; booking a Learning Clicks presentation; easy-to-read job profiles for low literacy; having questions on career planning, education and jobs answered through ALIS; online videos guiding students through ALIS; pathways to mentoring.
- Learning Resources Centre (LRC): Source for learning resources, 2010–2011 Learning Resources Credit Allocation, ordering resources for September.
- Other News: Professional development opportunities—high school completion, School Library Services Initiative.
Next edition: October 2010
Send comments, questions and technical concerns to the Connection Team.