Note: All links in the articles of this edition of Connection: Information for Teachers were active and accurate at the time of publication. This may no longer be the case.
Welcome to Connection, Alberta Education's online newsletter for teachers.
In this edition ...
- Curriculum and Resources: Action on Curriculum—Curriculum Standards and Process Redesign Project, subject-area curriculum and resource updates, professional development opportunities.
- Action on Inclusion: New web presence for Action on Inclusion.
- Early Learning: Early Child Development Mapping Initiative, Raising Children website—an information source for parents and teachers of young children.
- Provincial Testing: Information sessions on Mathematics 30-1 and 30-2 Diploma Examination draft blueprints, professional development opportunities.
- Inclusive Education: Children’s travelling low vision clinics, new sections within the Vision Education Alberta website.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Updates: Professional development opportunities.
- Technology Integration: LearnAlberta.ca—mathematics gizmos available and enhancements to video delivery.
- Career Initiatives: Alberta Consumer Champion Awards—youth poster competition winners; ALIS occupational and help videos available anytime and anywhere; CAREERinsite—Alberta's interactive, online career planning tool; profiles for emerging occupations.
- Learning Resources Centre (LRC): Source for learning resources, 2011–2012 LRCA, 2011 EOD concludes, order your September resources now.
- Other News: Alberta Arts Days 2011, Alberta Mentoring Partnership, professional development opportunities—high school completion.
Next edition: October 2011
Send comments, questions and technical concerns to the Connection Team.