Note: All links in the articles of this edition of Connection: Information for Teachers were active and accurate at the time of publication. This may no longer be the case.
Welcome to Connection, Alberta Education's online newsletter for teachers.
In this edition ...
- Curriculum and Resources: Subject-area curriculum and resource updates and professional development opportunities.
- Early Learning: Inclusion in the Early Years Promising Practices Symposium, Raising Children website.
- Provincial Testing: Achievement tests, calculators for diploma examinations, diploma examinations, examination administration, French assessment, professional development opportunities.
- Special Education: Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder learning series 2010–2011, post-secondary planning resources for students with disabilities.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Updates: FNMI Services Branch contacts, Knowing Our Spirits Conference, professional development opportunities.
- Technology Integration: LearnAlberta.ca update; Microsoft Office Home Use Program, E-learning and Learning Essentials for Educators.
- Career Initiatives: Alberta Consumer Champion Awards youth poster competition 2010, post-secondary planning resources for students with disabilities, ApplyAlberta is making the grade, Time to Choose … A Post-secondary Education Program 2010–2011 resource.
- International Education: International Education Week 2010.
- Other News: Alberta's Wraparound Approach—Collaborating for Kids video; Guide to Support Implementation of Education Policies, Curricula, Priorities, Programs and Initiatives; professional development opportunities—high school completion; success in school for children and youth in care—Provincial Protocol Framework (PPF).
Next edition: January 2011
Send comments, questions and technical concerns to the Connection Team.