Note: All links in the articles of this edition of Connection: Information for Teachers were active and accurate at the time of publication. This may no longer be the case.
Welcome to Connection, Alberta Education's online newsletter for teachers.
In this edition ...
- Curriculum and Resources: Action on Curriculum—Curriculum Standards and Process Redesign project, subject-area curriculum and resource updates, professional development opportunities.
- Early Learning: Let’s Talk About the Early Years—a report from the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
- Provincial Testing: Changes to the English Language Arts 30-2 Diploma Examination, Part A Written Response; information on the new diploma examinations for Mathematics 30-1 and 30-2; revisions to the Social Studies 30-1 Diploma Examination, Part A Written Response.
- Inclusive Education: Action on Inclusion—change agents and capacity builders.
- Technology Integration: Destination Innovation 2012 Conference, LearnAlberta.ca update, stay up-to-date with Tech.News.
- Career Initiatives: 2011–2012 post-secondary planning resource available, Alberta Consumer Champion Awards—youth poster competition, ApplyAlberta gets high marks from students, apprenticeship in Alberta, discover post-secondary schools and programs with EDinfo.
- Learning Resources Centre (LRC): How the LRC can assist you.
- International Education: Handbook for International Education Administrators.
- Other News: 2011–2012 Guide to Education available, High School Completion website, keeping kids in school and engaged.
Next edition: January 2012
Send comments, questions and technical concerns to the Connection Team.